background

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just a few photos of Guangzhou

Breakfast with a view of the river. Did I mention that this girl can really put away some food?!

Example of the architecture around here

Knowing how many times I wiped out just carrying Casey's weight on the back of my bike, I imagine I would not be a good candidate for this guy's job

Cute little girls running outside their school

Just like home . . .Starbucks on the corner

Cute statue of kids in the park

View from behind!

Kids going into school after running laps in the park. Keller's teacher should try this--might wear him down a bit before school!

I like to call this one "Bucket O' Unhappy Turtles"

Eel always tasted so good before. . .not so sure I still feel that way after seeing these friendly guys

1 comment:

marcy said...

Thanks for sharing your great pictures and all the details! Oh I want to go back to Guangzhou so bad now! There is something about that time on Shamian Island that is just magical (though still stressful--you're still adjusting to each other!)...it's sort of a surreal place! Enjoy. We don't have Starbucks here in Guam so I hit Starbucks every single day in GZ, ah memories!
Marley is gorgeous and you guys are doing just great. You're almost home! Thanks for sharing your journey.
Marcy in Guam