background

Sunday, April 5, 2009

A little dirt never hurt



With a gorgeous day predicted, we headed out to Great Country Farms this morning. If you are from the DC/VA area, it's definitely a terrific place to take the family for a day. It was our second trip there, but I still don't think we've seen/done all the farm has to offer. The kids (and Dave!) got filthy from head-to-toe, which is usually a sign of a good time had by all. The list of fun and filthy activities includes: a giant bouncing pillow ("giant" as in like half a football field, which significantly reduces the odds of one of my kids giving or receiving a bloody nose while bouncing maniacally), tire swings, slides, rope maze, small farm animal petting area, corn crib, pedal carts, playhouses, two fishing ponds, tractor rides to the u-pick fields, and so on.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the day. Ok, I'll admit there are more than a "few" here--What can I say? It was an awesome day in terms of photo-taking lighting, and I happen to be obnoxiously smitten with my three cute kids (and my husband)!





















2 comments:

Ehays said...

What FUN pictures!!! What a fun DAY!! Thanks for sharing! Your family is precious!

Lori and all the Hays gang

Anonymous said...

Great pics Holly! Looks like such a fun day with your family :) Hope all is well!

Jennifer