background

Sunday, April 12, 2009



Yesterday, we celebrated Casey's birthday. Four years ago, we welcomed Casey into our family through the uniquely intimate experience of a home birth. Although it was a long and difficult labor, giving birth to him in my own bedroom, being pampered by the midwives who helped me take a long hot shower and get into pajamas, and then crawling into my own bed with my new baby are all experiences and memories that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Casey's first year (in no particular order at all) . . .

(Being weighed with a fish scale. He weighed in at 9 pounds!)












Here are a few photos from his first and second birthdays. Third birthday pics are in a file I can't manage to open right now :(






And here are the pics from yesterday's birthday party. He was too cute when he woke up yesterday. He wanted me to measure him to see how much he had grown over night now that he turned 4!

Casey testing out his new helicopter:


He got a little crazy with the Spidey tattoos:

The kids each got a can of silly string to 'sling webs' at the target. What started like this. . . .

Ended like this . . .



Have you ever seen such serious faces at pinata time?

Marley gave the party a 'thumbs up':


Today we took the kids for a long hike at Sugar Loaf Mountain, so I'll post with pics from that in a few days.

1 comment:

Amy said...

WOW!!! A homebirth baby weighing 9 pounds!! You are my new hero! All 3 of my bio babies combined weight is only 8 lbs 15 oz!! That must have been such a neat experience!!