background

Friday, October 16, 2009

7 Years Ago. . .


. . .I became a mom. I had no idea how little I knew about basically everything until the humbling experience of motherhood came careening in my direction. What a wild ride it has been! Keller is such a cool and unique kid, intense and creative, compassionate and driven, silly and nearly impossible to wear out. My hope is that his spirited nature is always appreciated and that it carries him far.



Look how young we look! No wrinkles, the few greys I had then were well-concealed, and I still had that hippie hair!



Note the packed toys in the background--we moved out of that 4 story townhouse and into a one level rambler when Keller was 17 months old because I literally could not keep up with him!

The climbing resumed quickly at the new house.


2nd Birthday gift--we got a lot of mileage out of that one!


3 years old . . .



4 years old. . .

5 years old . . .

6 years old (note the shiner he got in the moonbounce on a field trip). . .


We're gearing up for a 7th birthday extravaganza tomorrow. "Survivor" is our theme. . . and with 40 kids/adults expected and 40 degree weather forecasted, we should be testing our indoor survival skills quite a bit!

No comments: