background

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Family Photo Shoot




My friend Marilyn has started her own photography business and she was kind enough to do our family photos for us on Father's Day. Getting ready for a family picture is no small feat. After scouring stores for inexpensive (read: kids may never need them again) "dressy" clothes, I pulled together 5 outfits that I thought worked pretty well together. I took a huge gamble and dyed my hair the day before the picture--an especially risky move when I couldn't remember which shade of hair dye I had used in my last attempt to at least blend the stubborn grey hairs that pop up on top of my head as if shot out of a jack-in-the-box. We picked a time and place and went for it. The wind was wild at times (so were the kids), and the lighting was challenging (ditto on the kids), but Marilyn did an awesome job of capturing memories for us. I am really happy with the pictures, especially the one of Dave & I above. We haven't had a professional picture taken of the two of us since our wedding, almost nine years ago. If you're in the NoVa area and need a photographer, check out her website: http://www.marilynoconnellphotography.com/ She also gives classes so you can learn to move your camera off of the dummy settings once in awhile!

Some favorites:













1 comment:

Amy said...

Those are great pictures!! Your boys "cleaned up nicely!" We tried to get a family picture a year ago and they turned out terrible. Not because of the photographer, but just our little kids!! Maybe we will try again someday!!