background

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Odds and ends. . .

Some quick snippets of Huffman Daily Life to share . . .

*Keller is a funny kid. Last week he crawled part-way into a little climbing structure at Casey's preschool's playground during the end-of-year picnic. With everything sticking out of the structure from his waist down, he called Dave over and said, "Dad, does this castle make my butt look big?" I don't know where he comes up with his little jokes, but they are pretty stinking funny. . . most of the time.

He had his end-of-season baseball party after his game on Saturday. They got bobblehead trophies, which are too cool.



He is still letting his hair grow. It usually looks pretty hip. Usually.



*Casey
and I had a special date today. We went to the paint-your-own-pottery place and spent a long time making a big mess. There are no pictures from the event, because anytime I even made a subtle movement in the direction of my camera, Casey shouted loudly (and very clearly for a kid with speech issues) "If you take my picture, I'm going to fire you!" followed by an exasperated groan. He also told me that my friend Diane is a really great mommy, but followed up with "But you're probably better, Mommy." I love the 'probably.'

He got a new haircut and boy, did it bring out the "tatic" as he calls it. His hair sticks up constantly, but he's happy with it, so who I am to chase him around with a squirt bottle and brush? His mother, that's who.



*Marley is stubborn as a mule. She gets this from me, I believe ;) Dave saw us having a face-off stare-down moment the other day and said, "I think you've finally met your match." She is the queen of the 'stink eye', but only directed at me. But she's also a big mama's girl and wants nothing more than to be velcroed to my physical being anyway she can. Her latest favorite naughty thing to do is throw things in the garbage can. I've rescued toys, bottles of bubbles, and a library book so far. Not sure how many things escaped notice and are now sitting in the Fairfax County dump. Dave has been looking for for the DVD remote for awhile . . .




*The boys and I spent Monday afternoon fishing and exploring in the stream behind our house.







*I chopped about six inches or so off of my hair. Well, I didn't actually chop it off myself, although I had considered it. No, I offered up a big chunk of change for a new do. I like it. Casey says it is beautiful. Keller says I look like I'm from the 70s. Dave keeps winking at me. . .whatever that means.



*Papa Jerry came for a visit this weekend and got to meet Marley for the first time. I think she has him wrapped around her little finger already.



No comments: