background

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dave and Keller went away this weekend on a camping trip with Adventure Guides. (I'm going to pass the torch to Dave later tonight or tomorrow so he can blog and post pictures from their trip). Casey was having some 'left-behind' issues, so I made it my personal mission to make our weekend at home as fun as possible. Right now, he feels pretty excited about everything we did, but once Keller comes home with stories about fishing, horseback riding, rock climbing, shooting bow-and-arrow, etc., I think our weekend here on Majestic Lane might lose some of it's sparkle;)

We set up our tent in the living room, which the kids loved. We used it as our base camp. We ate snacks in it, watched movies late at night, and lounged between adventures. Marley slept in her crib in my room as usual, but Casey and I camped in the tent all weekend. We actually slept really well--all three of us got at least 10 hours/night :)






We stopped at Wal-Mart and picked up a kiddie pool for the backyard. Marley is still at least a week away from being cleared for the pool (We have to see what the surgeon says at her post-op appointment on Friday). Casey wanted to swim this weekend, so we swam! Well, he swam--hose water is too cold for me.


Marley actually cooperated for once and let me take some pictures of her. She usually runs away, makes a horrible face, or both! She is learning those tricks from her brothers, I'm sure.




We hit up a half dozen playgrounds in the area. My arms ache from pushing the kids on the swings, but we had fun!



We took a picnic dinner over to Walney park and did a quick nature hike. I saw a couple get engaged while having a nice picnic under a tree. Then they started making out, so we headed in a different direction, although Casey did decide to run over and hide behind a tree to spy on them.

Marley likes to play with all of the boys' cars, trucks, dirt, mud, etc. Thank goodness!


I found a few other random pics on my flashcards. . .

Marley has some serious hair issues. I have no idea what we're going to do when she's older and actually cares about things like accidental mohawks.


Keller's final track meet was a couple weeks ago. I love the hair flying in the air! He won 3rd and 5th place ribbons, which he was obviously pretty proud of.


No comments: