background

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Weekly Whirlwind

We've had one of those weeks where we've crammed 20 days worth of stuff into one as yet incomplete week. We had a visit from Grandma Nancy over the weekend. She got to see Keller's last baseball game of the season. We attempted our first geocaching experience with our new (new to us!) GPS, but didn't quite make it happen. We went fishing with my sister and her family at a really nice lake/park on Sunday afternoon. Marley had her surgery on Tuesday morning to drain her ears and place the tubes. Keller finished kindergarten, which involved a family picnic/party on Tuesday afternoon. The boys started their summer running program. Marley had her first speech therapy appointment as well as the meeting to write her education plan for preschool for next year. We had friends over to play, went for a nice neighborhood walk with friends, and spent a lot of time in the back yard. I relaxed and destressed by spending two hours walking dogs at the animal shelter (my new favorite escape). Dave is currently sweating it up and looking more than a tad silly playing the Shaun White snowboarding game on the Wii.

I may not have had time to hold a meaningful conversation this week, or even to form a complete thought, but damn, I took a lot of pictures!

Fishing with the Rigby's at Curtis Memorial Park:



Keller's end-of-kindergarten party. He gave his wonderful teaching and amazing assistant teacher each a $25 gift certificate for Kiva. If you don't know about Kiva, you should---www.kiva.org





Casey actually gave in to my daily requests for a little photo shoot. He's such a cute little guy with such an expressive face. I love these pictures--they really capture his spunky spirit.


Our whole family lives in our barefeet, inside and outside the house. Casey developed this lovely green tint from playing outside right after the grass was mowed. He kept insisting he didn't need a bath that night . . .


I love this picture of Marley giving me the look that says "Can't you see I'm working here?" which is a look she has perfected by watching her Daddy! The quality isn't great, but it's photo evidence of the 'stink eye' she gives me.



Here's Marley demonstrating a little bootie shake shake.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So cute! I love Marley shakin' it! Presley likes to shake it too!!