background

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Seen and Heard at the Huffman House This Week. . .

I swear, the stuff my kids come up with is funny enough to (almost) make up for all of their collective rotten-ness.

Casey, upon being asked if he made any new friends in kindergarten: "Yes, but not ______, I don't know what he eats but his 'foats' smell really bad."

Keller, after spending 10 minutes on the toilet, yells out grenade thrower style: "Fire in the hole!"

Keller, while contemplating body temperature: "Why don't people just pee in their socks if they want to warm up?"

Keller, while the kids and I played a torturous game of doctor, where I was the unwilling patient: "What appears to be the problem, miss?"
Me: "I get headaches when my kids are too noisy."
Keller: "Oh, and you appear to have a bad case of wrinkles."

Later in the same 'game'. . . Keller: "Miss, you are so sick that you might slip into a colon."

After I explained the difference between a colon and a coma. . .Keller: "Now that you mention it, you seem to have a swollen gluteus maximus."

Casey, after watching Zathura: "Hi, bee-ox!" (bi-atch)
Me: "Where did you hear that?"
Casey: "Dora."

Keller, to Casey, after watching Zathura: "You're such a ditch" He missed the mark by a few letters (drop the 'tch' and add a 'ck'), but he doesn't know that, so I sent him to time out anyway.

That concludes my parental warning on the movie Zathura ;)

Two days ago, Keller wrote me a note after getting in trouble. He is an amazing reader, but his spelling is truly atrocious. See if you can figure out his message:
"dear mom, i cod ov mad a bettr disison. i just want you to no i wil aways be wiht you."

Marley had her own little funny today. She spilled crackers all over the place and I told her to clean up her mess. She shoved one in her mouth and said, "I did clean up." in her sassiest speech-delayed tone of voice.

And I'll conclude with my favorite "out of the mouths of babes" for the week . . .

Last night I was helping Keller and Casey straighten their room (ok, really, I was yelling and stomping and having a fit about their messes). I asked, "And why do I keep stepping on pieces of scotch tape?"
Keller: "Oh, that's from when I waxed myself."

No comments: