background

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My kids' dad could kick your kids' dad's butt . . .


I know it's not Father's Day yet, but I need to give a 'shout out' to my amazing husband today for being the best dad ever. Keller, the awesome little guy that he is, has been going through some tough stuff lately. I'll leave the details out for two reasons: 1) privacy, of course and 2) because it would require more back stories than a full season of LOST. Anyhoo. . .as I type this, Dave & Keller are out getting lost in the woods together. They packed up a car full of camping gear and headed into the forest to forget about the world for awhile. I hope my kids know how lucky they are that this guy, this dad, is the one they get to grow up with. And I need to remember to tell him more often how grateful I am that he's my partner on this wild ride called "Parenting."

No comments: