background

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gratitudinal Adjustment

Long ago, I tried to remember to post a 'gratitude list' weekly, and although I loved the way it helped me remember to count my blessings, the idea fell by the wayside. Life gets in the way sometimes. So in an effort to get back on track, I'm giving myself a 'gratitudinal adjustment' and sharing a photo list of my many, many blessings--in completely random order, which is par for the course with my hiccuping brain waves ;)

1. Camping with the crew. We made a last minute decision and headed down to Westmoreland State Park on Wednesday for two nights of camping. Or perhaps "kamping" is more appropriate, as we spent the nights in a comfy cabin rather than in our tent or our neglected pop-up. We hiked, fossil-hunted, ate s'mores, chased Juno following her repeated Houdini manuevers, and enjoyed family time, all with the most amazing views of the Potomac River.










When the bald eagle hangs out right outside your window, you kinda' know you picked a good spot to spend spring break!



2. Gals' Weekend. . . I so needed this. We shared a lot of wine, had a private yoga session overlooking the Chesapeake Bay, and relished the uninterrupted conversations that we rarely get to have with our collective 10 kids around!

Sunset from Airlia's house at the shore:

My three gal pals (and Ljuby, who looks like he is holding court)


3. Visit to extended family.

Where else but at Gram & Pap's farm could the kids climb on and practice driving giant milk tankers?



The children's museum in Johnstown honestly tops many museums we've visited. And to think, I had to travel all the way back to my little coal/steel hometown to find it!



And then there's this guy. . .Meet "Uncle Buff". 'Nuff said.


3. Saying good-bye to diapers. There are some moms who wax nostalgic at the end of diapering for their youngest child. Me? Hell no! See you later stinky diapers, you will not be missed.



4. This stubborn little woman who continues to amaze me with the way she gives and receives love from me, the mama who missed almost 2 years of her life but has still somehow earned the rights to the hugs, kisses, (and "occasional" stink-eye) that all mama's live for.

1 comment:

ChouchouPoussin said...

Happy easter to the Huffman familly !
I hope you find a lot of chocolate eggs in the grass...

friendly from south France
Séverine mother of a little Poulette from Jiangsu