background

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Captain Casey's Pirate Party


Casey turned 5 on Sunday, and we celebrated with a Pirate Party in his honor. At risk of sounding completely cliche, it seems like just yesterday that he was a little baby, smiling at everyone and everything, watching and learning from his big brother, loving to be wrapped and swaddled and held tight. Now he varies his style between whirling dervish and snuggly mama's boy so often that I never know what to expect! April 26th is kindergarten orientation for him and I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that my little love bug is soon going to start spending 1/2 of every day away from me.

Check out Casey and his pirate shipmates:





Captain Casey, treasure map in hand, leads the hunt for buried treasure (aka goodie bags)



I had some serious mom-guilt over getting him a store-bought cake. Of all my kids' birthdays, Keller's first was the only other time that I didn't make a homemade cake or cupcakes. Casey. . . was pretty darn excited to pick out his Pirates of the Caribbean cake at the grocery store the week before the party. Why do I torture myself over such silly things? I think I can blame it on my own mom, who, whether out of desire or necessity, made our cakes for us every year.


This poor guy got the snarf knocked out of him many times over by the 13 boys at the party. Poor pinata.


Obligatory 'birthday hat' photo that my kids run screaming from, and that I just at this very moment realized I forgot to take of Marley on her 3rd birthday in February. Oh boy. Here comes the mom guilt again.

No comments: