background

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The first day of school. . .

. . .has left me very well acquainted with one foolish mama who thought she was ready to see her oldest and youngest babies head off to school. That foolish mama didn't expect her heart to break when that oldest baby walked into school today, the first of many, many days to come when he'll be away from her for 7 or more hours straight. She also didn't expect the gigantic lump in her throat or the tears running down her cheeks when she had to leave that youngest baby crying "Mama" in her teacher's arms. Such a fool she had been.

My three babies before school:



Casey is such a good big brother . . . not afraid to carry that Tinkerbell backpack for Marley!



Casey was my saving grace this morning. When we were walking away from Marley's school, he said, "Mom, I don't hear her crying anymore. Maybe her teacher is doing something fun with her, like blowing on her belly button." Then he asked me to carry him to the car, and of course, I obliged.

1 comment:

Sharing Life and Love said...

...There's nothing like the protectiveness of a Big Brother...Lucky Marley ; - )

How did she (I mean You) Do????

Try to enjoy the quiet, maybe?!