background

Friday, March 20, 2009

The week in photos. . .

I am not a morning person, and I am just not a great mom before 9 a.m., but especially if I've only had 6-7 hours of sleep, which is often the case lately. So in an effort to honor a promise to myself to start getting more sleep (a commitment which should probably last about 3 days, if I'm lucky), I'm skipping the lengthy blog post in favor of a "Week in Review" photo presentation. Enjoy!


We dug out a bag of stuffed animals today to see which one would be the most huggable. Keller decided to hug them all at once!


Marley's new favorite toy--a nice sturdy beer box! I'm thinking about using one of these as my official entry photo for 'Mom of the Year'.



We had some really beautiful weather earlier this week and stayed to play on the playground when we picked Keller up from school. Marley is finally learning to smile for the camera, and I actually got one shot where all 3 smiled at the same time!







I loved this shot of Marley watching Dave through the front door. When I left for work on Thursday evening, I saw her sweet little eyes watching me through the bottom pane of the window in the door, too. So cute!


The old soap beard trick. Never gets old in our house.


The kiddos dragged a blanket into the kitchen and had a good time rolling around, snuggling, and making faces. For a few minutes. Then they started fighting. I'm only including photos from the good part here, of course!



Casey is way into Legos right now. Seems to go in phases in our house. But right now, almost every available surface is usually covered with various Lego creations of his. I love the proud smile, where the top lip disappears and everything!



One of the best parts of having Dave work from home is that he gets to do special stuff with the kids that he would miss out on if he was working somewhere else. Sure, it means he puts in extra time at night, but I know the kids and I really appreciate having a daddy who can be there for these things. Today he chaperoned Casey's field trip to Milwaukee's Custard. Here's Casey enjoying his treat.

1 comment:

Sooner Girl said...

Holly,

I have followed your blog even before you adopted Marley and have thoroughly enjoyed it. You have a beautiful family! I love to see Marley smiling for photos! Your boys and Marley are absolutely adorable!