background

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Snowy Day Project

The boys and I have started making a 'school' to go with Marley's dollhouse/Strawberry Shortcake Berry Cafe/wooden castle neighborhood which is currently overtaking the living room. Last night we cut pictures from old magazines that Dave & I were finished reading. Today we started making 'rooms' for our school. Used file folders are serving as the walls, which we've covered with scrapbook paper. I admitted to myself long ago that I'm more of a digital photo book person than a scrapbook person, but unfortunately that admission came after I'd already filled a giant case with pricey papers and stickers. I'm glad to seem them finally being put to use. Our magazine pictures are providing the decorations for the classrooms.

Science classrom

Keller works on the music room


The health clinic waits to be decorated

And when they're all done, we'll clip them at the top with paperclips and make a four-room school that can be changed many times. Best part is that these folders can be stored easily, or can go in the recycling bin when the kids lose interest.


I took this picture out the car window on the way home from a friend's house on Monday afternoon. The calm before this raging blizzard moved into town.

1 comment:

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

So fun!! We always make schools and such out of xerox boxes, I like the idea of using file folders -- easier storage/clean up!!